Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

My hometown

I was born in Palmerston North. Palmerston North is one of my favorite places to go because most of my loving family lives there, like my grandma's uncles, aunts, grandads and cousins. I have many memories in Palmerston North, like my first words.  Palmerston North was also not as big as Auckland so moving here was a shocker. I also didn't like moving. When my family and I moved, I felt that I had to reset. I had to leave all my family and friends. I knew I would always get to see my family again but my friends was another plan. At first I didn't like Auckland because how big it was and how far away it was from Palmerston North. It has now been three years, I have taken baby steps to getting more use to living here. I now have other friends. I am also happy again.

1 comments:

Lee SLJ said...

Kia Ora La'Shae,

I'm Lee, one of the Summer Learning Journey blog commentors. Thankyou for starting the journey with us and for starting the activities so well!
I like how you described moving to Auckland as being a 'shocker'. I can picture it perfectly, good imagery! Auckland it definitely a lot bigger. It's really great that you have made friends here over the years. Do you get to go back to Palmerston North sometimes?
I have only been there once and all I can remember is the really good cakes in the bakery there.

You've made a great start to the Summer Learning Journey La'Shae! I can't wait to read more of your writing.

Talk to you later
- Lee

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.