Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Big family (summer learning journey day 3 week 1)

Big family


In the 1800s, most families had a big family im talking about seven to nine kids. Today i'm going to be talking about the time when I was living in a house with about seven other kids. 

One year ago I was living with my 2 brothers, 5 cousins, my niece, my aunt, my uncle and my Mum and Dad thats a lot of people can you do the maths?

The house we were living in had three bedrooms one of them were my Mums and Dads room they got the medium sized room . The second one was my uncles and aunts room they got the biggest sized room. And my oldest cousin, (age 18) his girlfriend and my baby niece had the smallest sized room. I know what you're thinking where do all the other kids sleep? Well i'm kinda embarrassed to say but we slept in the lounge. There were pros and cons about sleeping in the lounge like you have to share a single bed with like three kids and they would always talk so it was hard to go to sleep. The pros about sleeping together is that you will always feel safe.

When there was a cleaning job to do like doing the dishes, folding the washing, hanging the washing and cleaning up the ground it was really easy because there were so many of us kids so we would take shifts cleaning or we would all clean together. 

Playing games was one of my favorite things to do when you have a big family. You can play many games like go home stay home, bang, zip, somakalo, hide and go seek and my old favorite tag.  When you have a big family it's more fun when your playing games the more the merrier right? 

leave a comment if you want to know more about my big family life. I have a question for you have you ever lived in a big family before? Leave your answer in the comment section down below. 

2 comments:

Nicky Bloy said...

Hi La 'Shae and welcome to the Summer Learning Journey!

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your own experiences with us. I really enjoyed reading about your family life and what it was like for you to live with such a big family - I did the maths and it was 12 people - that's a lot! Three bedrooms is not a lot for 12 people.

I think it's awesome that you can see both the pros and cons of living with a big family, but it sounds like you mostly do enjoy it and love living with your big family.

I don't have a big family, I just have my parents and my big brother so I have never lived in a big family. I do have lots of aunties, uncles and cousins, but we've never all lived together because they're in Christchurch and I live in Auckland.

Do you still live with your big family?

Nicky :)

jolie said...

Kia Ora La'Shae

This is amazing work! I love how you shared the pros and cons of having 12 people in the house. Keep up the great work!!

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.